Are you running or starting a small business in our sunshine state? If you answered 'Yes!', then you're in for a treat! The Queensland Government runs a regular Small Business Digital Grants Program which assists small businesses like yours to access digital technologies and services to help boost online business opportunities and engage with the global economy.
What does this mean? You get matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to cover eligible business expenses such as hardware/software purchases and services such as web design, digital marketing strategy development, content development and more! Talk to us today about your eligibility and how you could get a piece of the pie. Mmm...pie...
Back to the case in point! The Small Business Grants Program has a strict list of criteria and requirements where each business must show how the digital service rendered for the project will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and ultimately help them be more competitive in the market and create new jobs to employ more staff.
Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
Successful applicants cannot reapply for funding under this grant program in future rounds.
Your business must also be in a financial position to pay up front for the approved product(s) and or service(s) in full. If successful, approved applicants will then be reimbursed after submitting supplier invoices and proof of purchase.
To be eligible for the Small Business Digital Grants Program, your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
Apart from meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will also be prioritised based on the following factors:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money
One your grant application has been approved, you may engage your chosen vendors and commence the project. Upon completion of the project, successful applicants will be reimbursed 50% of the total project cost, up to the approved grant funding amount.